We have now brought you Fish Amritsari Recipe. It is a popular street food in Amritsar located in Punjab, India. A very simple recipe and yet unbelievably delicious. It is perfect for any weather and any gathering. We hope you enjoy making it for yourself, your friends and family.
Makes – 4
Prep time – 15 to 20 mins
Cooking time – 10 to 15 mins
King fish fillets 600 grams (you can use any Fish of your choice and cut it into 4 equal pieces)
Gram flour 1 cup
Salt to taste
Red chilli powder 1 tablespoon (or less as per your choice)
Carom seeds 1 teaspoon
Ginger paste 2 tablespoons
Garlic paste 2 tablespoons
Lemon juice 1 tablespoon
Oil to deep fry
Punjabi garam masala 1/2 teaspoon
Chaat masala 1/2 teaspoon
1. Put the fish pieces in a bowl.
2. Add gram flour, salt, red chilli powder, carom seeds, ginger paste, garlic paste, lemon juice and mix well.
3. Break an egg into the fish mixture and mix.
4. Set the mixed fish aside.
5. Heat sufficient oil in a deep fry pan.
6. Put the fish pieces one or two (as per your pan space) into the hot oil and deep fry until the fish turn golden and crisp.
7. Drain and place on an absorbent paper.
10. Serve hot, sprinkle chaat masala and corriander on top.
Presented to you by Gurkha’s Spiceworld – Indian & Nepalese Cuisine, Greenford, London.