Samosa Recipe – Healthy choice (Low cholesterol)
Makes – 10, Prep Time – 40 mins, Cooking Time – 30 mins
Enjoy and share your Samosas with this simple Samosa Recipe.
1 cup all purpose flour
salt , as to your taste
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Approx. 50 ml water
2 large boiled potatoes, mashed
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon coriander, finely chopped
3 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon salt or according to taste
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon garam masala
1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
1. Add flour, salt, oil in a mixing bowl, add water gradually and knead the mixture till it becomes a soft pliable dough.
2. Cover with clean and moist cotton cloth and set aside for 15 mins.
3. Heat 3 tablespoon oil (do not heat oil beyond its smoke point)
4. Add ginger, garlic then onion and stir fry till light brown.
5. Add spices and salt, stir fry for a minute.
6. Add coriander then mashed potatoes.
7. Set aside and allow to cool.
8. Divide dough into 10 equal portions
9. Use a rolling pin to roll each piece of dough into 5 inch oval.
10. Cut into 2 halves
11. Run a moist finger (wet with water) along the diameter
12. Roll around finger to make a cone
13. Place a tablespoon of filling into the cone
14. Seal the third side using moist finger
15. Deep fry the samosas on low to medium heat until light brown.
16. Serve with chutney of your choice. Garnish with salad of your choice.